The purpose of the meeting:
The second mobility was carefully planned according to the project priorities and aims:
- To encourage students’ entrepreneurial skills;
- To enrich the participating organisations with innovative, effective or successful policies and practices to be implemented in work with students;
- To make teachers aware of the necessity to cooperate at transnational level and improve their ability to work in international teams;
- To boost foreign language and communication skills of all participants;
The main agenda items:
- Welcoming at school: The headmaster and educational authorities welcome the international team. Catalan students involved into the project act as guides in a school tour. Merchandising prepared beforehand was given to all participants: t-shirts and folders with the project logo. Also a Catalan breakfast was prepared by the host group.
- National Hero presentations and Kahoot games. The event allowed learning about the project partners’ culture, history and the important people who influenced/influence each country’s past or present. The participants could learn about bright examples of leadership and initiative.
- Discovering the surroundings: The host group prepared a ghymkhana through a QR code contest.
- Cultural trip to Lleida: The participants were introduced to Catalan culture, architecture and historical monuments. The hosting group were in charge of preparing a ghymkhana in order to discover the city.
- Sports Activities: Students learnt how through leading in sport they can learn essential leadership skills and acquire leaders’qualities. They learnt how important to be a team to reach the goal and each one’s contribution to the team work leads to better achievements and results.
- Lecture about leadership: To boost students’ entrepreneurial skills. Former students from the school explained their successful experiences as entrepreneurs and how determination is a key value to reach success.
- Library Scape Room: Workshop organised by the hosting school in order to encourage students to improve the skill of reading.
- Visiting a local enterprise where the participants could learn a story of successful business and how it helps to the enrichment of the area.
- Leadership Astronomy workshop run by Catalan students: international participants could see how a hobby can become a key activity in the school life,
being creative, responsible and initiative learners.
- ICT Teachers Workshop: The participating teachers learnt about the web project bringing it up to date.
- The international teams had a chance to attend some lessons to get acquainted to Catalan system of education and to become aware of differences and similarities in all the systems
- Farewell families’evening.+ Local Cultural performances: Different groups from the area showed exhibitions of Catalan culture All the participants could also try some Catalan food made by hosting families. The participants could enjoy and prove that teamwork unite people from different places and backgrounds.
- Visiting Barcelona: Cultural workshop . All participant could spend a day in one of the most important cities in the world, learning about its history and culture.
During the short mobility all the participants worked hard and long hours to contribute the project goal and objectives. Everything planned beforehand was successfully implemented and fulfilled. The evaluating survey proved that students and teachers learnt and did a lot. There were reached such results and outcomes:
- developed interpersonal competences;
- increased their ability to work in teams;
- acquired entrepreneurial skills;
- increased sense of initiative and hopefully became more active participant in society;
- improved critical and creative thinking;
- gained better understanding of practices, policies and systems in education;
- gained rich cultural awareness;
- increased motivation for language learning and improved their fluency in English.
Teachers and school staff:
- improved professional and interpersonal competences;
- gained knowledge about European educational systems and learned more about evaluation and assessment techniques;
- improved their competences in Project management;
- improved communication, teambuilding and conflict management abilities and skills;
- got motivation for further professional development and personal growth;
The participating schools:
- gained unforgettable cultural and educational experience;
- exchanged good practices and effective cooperation with schools from abroad;
- increased interest in learning and acquiring entrepreneurial skills for life-long learning;
- improved competences for the 21st century job market.
The hosting school and community:
- engaged society and community’s attention to the importance of leadership and entrepreneurship education in schools and the necessity to work more effectively in youth field.
The participating parents:
- could better appreciate teachers’ work and commitment having more positive attitude to teaching as a profession.